Monday, March 9, 2009

Howard Update

First of all... I was just cruising around the net and came across this super nifty cake recipe... doesn't this look FUN?! Maybe I'll make it for Brian's Birthday or something... it's just so pretty!!

Here is the link for the recipe if any of y'all should want it... http://www.omnomicon.com/rainbowcake
In other news... we have settled in nicely to our new life here. We absolutely love it. It's so nice to be able to see our friends whenever we want instead of being several hundred miles away!
The new job is going great... I've been here a month already and that seems unbelievable. I'm past the whole "I have no idea what I'm doing" part and now I'm starting to get the hang of it. The people are awesome and I thank God every day that I not only have a JOB period, but a job that I really like. I actually work from 10am - 7pm... which sounds weird but its actually really nice because I miss ALL of the traffic. Plus I actually have mornings at home now... before it was wake up, get ready, go to work. But now I can wake up, work out (if I'm feeling motivated), eat breakfast and hang out with the hubby. Its super nice.
Brian is currently job-less, but we knew that would be the case when he got down here for a little while. He spends most of his time testing at different fire houses. We should really start to get some answers towards the middle of this month so keep us in your prayers!
My parents are coming into town this weekend! It feels like FOREVER since I've seen them. I'm so excited to show off our new place to them and take them around town. They get in on Friday night and Saturday we are actually driving to Houston to hang out with the in-laws and some of their friend's at one of their lake houses. Should be a blast!!
Alright well that's all for now... I promise to be a better poster... our life is officially back to "normal" now... if that's what you want to call it. :) Hope everyone has a great week!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

I want to make that cake, but I'm not sure I will want to eat it, it is so pretty!

Unknown said...

That cake looks crazy!!! I'm so glad you're back too :)

Unknown said...

Wow, superb blog structure! How lengthy have you been blogging for?
you made blogging glance easy. The total look of your site is great, let
alone the content!
wholesale gold necklaces & bracelets

hpm.ba said...

Interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you
Trebinje apartment