Friday, April 25, 2008

The Econmy and Steel Prices

Now doesn't that just sound like a riveting title?? I know you just cannot WAIT to read about what I have to say about the economy and steel prices! Trust me, I wouldn't be talking about, but I have found that lately it is effecting my life directly. I work for a company fabricates steel tubing (sounds strange I know), but steel prices have gone up like 110% since I started working here, and it's REALLY effecting our business. Stinks. They actually laid a couple of people off in the plant, and another lady up front. I'm actual doing accounting on top of my normal job (sales, marketing) to cover for the lady that they laid off. The bright side? Well... being that I'm the newest one to the company they should've let me go... however... my boss informed me that he thinks I have some very valuable skills that are an asset to the company. Makes you feel good :) I know the business will be fine... they've gone through these types of increases before, but it's still a bit scary. And gas prices... holy cow... all I can say is thank goodness I'm getting my Mini!

Tonight I'm meeting my parents, my brother, and my grandpa and his wife for dinner. My grandpa missed out on the bday celebration we had for my dad last weekend so I think he feels bad and wants to take him out for dinner with us all. Fine by me! I bought Juno and Cloverfield yesterday at Target... we'll probably go home and watch those afterwards. Nothing like a good movie and a blanket to cuddle up next to the one you love :) Saturday we are going to the Cards/Astros game with Gretchen and Justin. REALLY excited about that. It's a day game, and the weather is supposed to be like 65 and sunny... sounds good to me!

Side note: I just had some spicy soup for lunch... killer heartburn right now... ouch. What am I, like 75???? Geesh.

We go to Abilene the weekend after next!! Our bestest friend Val Goode is picking us up from the airport and then we are trekking it to A-Town. (JACCI YOU SHOULD RIDE WITH US PLEEEEEEEEEAAASSSSEEEE????? ) Then Chelsea's wedding is Memorial Day weekend. Cannot WAIT for that. I'm SO happy for her and Alec... they are the greatest couple and they deserve all the happiness in the world. Love, love, LOVE her family and cannot wait to see all of them! Love you Chels!

So I have a PDF file of the proof of our wedding album (turned out AMAZING... I LOVE our photographer...) and I'm wondering if there is anyway I can post it on here??? Any advice let me know... I would love to share with you all!

K... back to work for the remainder of the day. Everyone have an amazing weekend!! Jac and Mer... you guys are going to have SO much fun! Take lots of pics!

1 comments:

Valerie said...

sorry about the steel prices. glad you still have a job though! :)

can't WAIT to see you!!!