Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Mini

Hope everyone had a great weekend... I sure did!! We ordered our NEW CAR!!! yayayayay!! We are selling the Mustang, and this weekend we just put an order in for a brand spanking new Mini Cooper S!!! I'm so excited. It's one of those cars that's so ugly it's cute you know? Plus... it gets incredible gas mileage and it's super speedy. We are so excited. It won't be here for like 6 weeks though. They make them over in Oxford and have to ship them over here. So... let's just hope these next 6 weeks FLY by! I'll take TONS of pictures when it comes in I promise! I'm not looking forward to the car payment part, but hey gotta grow up sometime right? Plus Brian and I have NO credit what so ever, so this will be a good way for us to get some. Especially if we every plan on buying a house. I've never had a credit card... can you believe that? Weird I know.

Brian woke up last week in the middle of the night with a horrible toothache. SO... at 4am we drove to my parents house because my Dad usually has a stash of pain pills for emergencies. He went to the dentist the next day and found out he had a horrible infection and would need a root canal! Now... if you know my husband, you know that he is DEATHLY terrified of the dentist. HATES going. So... yesterday he went in to have it done. He was under PLENTY of sedatives so I don't think he felt much during the procedure but afterwards he was in a lot of pain. Poor baby... he feels better today thank goodness... I'm ready to have the old Brian back!! haha...

I cannot WAIT for May!! We are going to Texas practically every weekend it feels like and I couldn't be happier! I cannot wait to see all of my friends again and catch up! I feel like it's been SOOO long! I miss all of you so flipping much!! I feel like I've missed out on so many showers and birthdays and bachelorette parties already ... I'm just ready to get down there! :)

On a side note: My mom was talking to my grandpa last night (he's in a nursing home now) and he was just so out of it. The director of the nursing home called her later and told her that he was refusing to eat or take his medications. It's like he is completely giving up on life. Normally, this would be a happy time knowing that he is about to go spend eternity with our Father, but my grandpa is not a Christian. Every time anyone has tried to speak with him about it, even lately, he won't have any of it. So anyway... keep him and our family in your prayers. I think these next couple months could be a bit rocky...

I hope everyone has a GREAT week! The countdown to Friday continues...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i'll def be praying for your g-pa!!! congrats on the new car...i love those little minicoops!!! and ANY car with great gas mileage right now is amaaaazing.

the tichenor family said...

Prayers are going up for your Grandpa. That's never easy.

I LOVE THE MINI COOPERS. I feel like I could fill up a school bus with all of Carson's things, so it would never work for me... but if I could go back in time, I would LOVE to have one! So cute and fun. Can't wait to see pics.

Unknown said...

i'm jealous! you're gonna be so cute in it!