Wednesday, August 13, 2008

On days like today...

Sorry no pics, but I had to blog. I do have pictures from when Chad and Cory were here and I promise to post them.

On days like today I really wonder why I chose to work in the "Corporate World" instead of following some of my other passions like preschool work or even music. I love everything about the business atmosphere... how driven everyone is and how I truly feel I'm learning something and making a difference everyday. However... there are days like today when I really question why God has me here and what his plan is for me. I feel like I have a pretty tough skin and most things I don't let bother me but something just got in today that really hurt you know? I'm probably not making any sense, but I didn't want to go into the entire story about it all. I like my job... but sometimes the people just aren't very... well... nice. In almost all of my ACU business classes they talked about how the business world is tough and not a very nice place at times... boy they weren't kidding.

Suck it up and move on. I'm just going to stick to what I believe is right... people can like it or not.

Anyway... thanks for listening to the babble. Shout out to my buddy Gretchen... Happy Birthday!

I promise to post pictures soon... hope everyone is having a great week!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Amen to all of the "corporate world" crap, but you are right, God put you there for a reason and as you said yesterday, someday when you are a boss you'll know how your employees SHOULD be treated! Hang in there! I miss you and can't wait to see you! LOVE YOU, the easy part of the week is finally here!

Unknown said...

sorryyyy that people can be SUPER not nice :( but way to stick to who you are and what you believe in :) that says a LOT about your character...

you're a trooper! (even though i don't know what exactly went on...)

i hope your day tomorrow is way better!