Thursday, November 8, 2007

Everyone's doing it....

So I officially gave in and decided to start one of these. I just know that when I'm sitting at work or wherever bored as crap, I LOVE catching up on my friends' lives. I can no longer deny any of you the pleasure of knowing what is going on in my life these days. You're welcome.

So we've been married for a little over a month now, and things are finally starting to get back to normal. I still have a million thank you cards to write, but I promise I will get to them eventually. In this day and age of email and the web it just seems nuts to hand write and address 300 thank you notes, but that's just the way it is I guess. The wedding was perfect... exactly how I wanted it to be. I can honestly say that I wasn't even nervous. Everything just felt so right... and that might sound dumb but it really did. It was great to see everyone come together for one event. Minus me getting car sick for half of the morning in the limo, everything ran very smoothly. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding... God was truly watching over our day. We get pictures back on Monday!!

Shea and Oscar are doing well... for those of you who don't know, they are our precious dogs. Shea, a black lab, is Brians, and Oscar, a pitbull/boxer mix, is mine. We rescued Oscar off the side of the street in Abilene... He is such a little wuss, but he is by far the sweetest dog I've ever had. I'll post recent pictures of them soon.

Brian is currently taking his EMT classes. He's done with that in December and then he goes straight into Paramedics school. He has been doing clinicals in the Emergency Room the past couple of weeks... last Thursday he helped save someone's life :) A 24 year-old woman went into cardiac arrest. She weighed 640 pounds... no lie. He had to give her CPR to revive her. He was so excited when he got home... We truly believe that was God's way of telling us he is 100% in the right place in his life/career. I'm so proud of him... he's been working so hard.

I love that we moved back to Missouri... so much. I forgot how much I missed FALL!!! Winter is going to be quite a culture shock however... it's been a long time since I've been REALLY cold. I do miss all of my Texas friends SO much though. I think we've all done a pretty good job of keeping in touch and I plan to keep that up. I haven't even met Jacci's precious baby girl yet and it's killing me! SOON JAC... VERY SOON.

Ok well that will be all for my first installment. Stay tuned. :D

2 comments:

the tichenor family said...

Welcome to Blogging! Glad to hear ya'll are doing well...

Jacci said...

Oh I'm so excited you have a blog now! Love you so much!