Friday, February 8, 2008

Job New-ness...

So I started the new job on Monday. So far so good. However, I hate how when you start a new job you feel like you are walking around the office with "I'm new and have no clue what's going on" stamped on your forehead for everyone to see. Oh well... that will go away in due time, but I've never been a fan of the first few months at a new job. I do like my job though... the drive is so much easier and I actually get home at a reasonable time. Brian and I have struggled with having time to go to the gym with my other job, but now we've been going as soon as I get home and we still have time to get home and make dinner. So much better.

We made our Valentine's Day plans!!! The night before we left for our honeymoon we stayed at the Hyatt Regency downtown. It's a part of Union Station (if you're not familiar with St. Louis... Union Station is actually a huge old train station that they turned into a bunch of cool shops, bars, and restaurants). But anyway... we had so much fun that night so we decided to try it out again. They have a Valentine's Day special that includes valet parking, champagne and truffels, free in-room movie, and breakfast the next morning. So we are really excited. We are going on Saturday night because Brian has class all day Saturday (Friday wouldn't make much sense). I already gave him his present (North Face Jacket) but I told him not to get me anything since we are paying a hefty price for the hotel. However, all women know that's code for "You better get me something thoughtful". haha... jk... a night with him is enough.

Side note: sitting at work and I just got flowers from my parents saying "Happy first week". :) aweeeee....

No big plans this weekend yet... layin low as always. Might fit some bowling or a movie in there somewhere who knows!!?? Crazy life we lead I know...

Peace out.

2 comments:

the tichenor family said...

hey there!
the background is from a website called pyzam. go to my blog and there is an orange link at the top that will take you right to it.

glad you had a good first week at your new job!
-mer

the tichenor family said...

Like your new look... cute!