Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Dad's Day!





In honor of Father's Day... I wanted to post about how amazing my Father is...

My mom always said from the beginning that I was "Daddy's Girl", and I know everyone says that, but I truly was and still am. Here are the top 10 reasons why I love my Dad...

  1. He spoils me to no end... it's seriously ridiculous. My poor brother...
  2. He is SOOO smart... the biggest history buff you will EVER meet. I have learned SO much through him.
  3. He loves my Mom - They've been married 30 years, and you can tell just by looking at them that they are still so in love. They have set such an amazing example for Brian and I.
  4. He is a Godly man and loves the Lord with all his heart. He raised us in a strong Christian home.
  5. He used to sing his version of whatever song he could think of to wake me up in the mornings for school... annoying then, but kind of funny now.
  6. He loves sports cars... in grade school I can remember feeling "cool" because my dad always dropped me off in whatever sports car he had at the time. Ha.
  7. He eats the icing off of EVERYTHING. It drives my mom crazy... ha.
  8. He cannot sit still for more than 5 minutes at a time... he's constantly whistling, humming, singing, or tapping his feet... again... it drives my mom crazy.
  9. He leaves notes for my mom in the mornings just to say "Good Morning" or "I love you" and always draws this strange little man with glasses and a bald head... you'd have to see it, but it's so cute. I guess it's his version of him... pretty accurate really. haha.
  10. He treats Brian like his own son.

So there you have it... my Dad is the best! I made him his Father's Day present last night. (I took pictures last night and uploaded them on my computer this morning to post, but of course my computer froze... I tried.) I basically just made a big scrapbook page with pictures and sayings and framed it. I think he'll like it.

Everyone give your Dad an extra hug and kiss this weekend... they have earned it! Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Jacci said...

you're so sweet little carrie.

move to texas.

Unknown said...

That's sweet! Your dad is well deserving... tell him I said happy fathers day!