Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Bye Bye Hair...

Ok so this past Saturday my mom and I went and got our hair done together... I simply wanted a trim and highlights. I told the lady that I wanted to be much lighter (I hadn't had my hair highlighted since before the wedding so I was in bad shape). So... she gave me highlights. They weren't bad but not enough... then she decides that my hair is "dull" so she puts TONER in it. Ummm HELLOOOOO??? Toner makes your hair darker and it totally defeated the purpose of my highlights. Was not happy with the color. AND... for my trim she cut off like an inch and a half. So... needless to say I left there pretty upset. I'm one of those dumb girls that cries whenever I don't like my hair so when Brian came and picked me up he was all confused because I started crying. haha... poor Brian. And of course he could say nothing to make it better.

Now that it has been a few days my hair looks fine, and I know this. I'm just a girl that over reacts. However... I've already made the decision to cut it all off... today. I have an appointment at 3:30. I cut my hair pretty short last year, and I didn't really like it that much. It was a weird cut... I have an idea of what I actually want this time and I'm bringing a couple of pictures. So... wish me luck! Let's hope I don't leave this place crying. I'll post pictures tonight of the final product. Man am I nervous!!

Side note: I know I sound like a total brat when talking about my hair... I don't mean to, but for me it's just that one thing that I'm overly sensitive about.

Bye bye hair!

3 comments:

Jacci said...

awww i think you look so cute with your hair short! it will be fine! post pictures of it after!

love you and miss you lots!

oh, and i totally cry too when i hate my hair. :)

Unknown said...

ooo yay i cant wait to see pics! i live vicariously through all of my friends with short hair bc im too much of a wuss to pull a chop-chop!

ps- i get worked up about when my hair gets cut shorter than i wanted it too! i havent cut it short since my freshman yr of college bc i hated it so much! so...i think every girl in the universe can relate on that one :)

ps- WE WANT A WII SOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!! i was thinkin about getting one for vday to surprise B, but there are STILL waiting lists at every place in tyler!! grrr

the tichenor family said...

I am the same way. I have cried many times over bad hair cuts and bad coloring! post pics of your new cut, I am wanting to do the same but I always chicken out!